Friday 20 April 2012

Finding Inspiration

I have seen many a person talk/post about where they find their inspiration and what around them suddenly sparks a surge of creativity.. One of the most popular one I have seen is 'nature'. I love nature and I think that the outside world if gorgeous and don't get me wrong, I do find inspiration there, but I have a rather different means for most of it..

I LOOOOVE music.. I mainly like my heavy metal music and industrial (the heavier, the better ;) lol) and I love to get alot of my inspiration from music videos.

I'm sure that most of you will be familiar with Katy Perry.. She obviously, is a mainstream singer but I really enjoy alot of her songs and I am currently obsessed with her music video to the song ET. The colours and the images in this clip is amazing and if you have not seen it, I suggest you get onto youtube right now and watch it, because it is amazing!!

These are some screenshots that I got from the film clip, because I want to create a piece based on these images:




















She has 3 different costume changes in this film clip, all of them just as stunning as the next.

I love the colour combination of red, purple and blue together.. I know that it's not everyone's cup of tea but there is just something so vibrant about it that captures me.

Then there is the stunning combination of white, silver, light blue and fuschia. There seems to be such a touch of elegance in these combinations.

Then there are the earthy tones in the last costume change with ever the so slightest touch of blue.

I don't know what it is but I just find so much inspiration in something that I am so passionate about. And I have never been more inspired to bead 3 items as much as I have with these 3 seperate scenes in a 4 minute clip.

So now to ask the ultimate question.. What is it that inspires you?

Emma
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment