Wednesday 14 December 2011

My ufos

That last post I made about finishing off 2 of my UFOs.. well! I did it!

I will however leave out the fact that I wasn't finished by the end of that week.. but thats ok, I finished at least 1 by the end of the week =D


This one I have called "Coffee and cream". Its a russian spiral (i think) with topaz swarovski crystals in the spiral as the focal piece. I am really pleased with this necklace - I just sort of made it up as I went along and I'm so proud of it.



Now as for this SOB (excuse mah french) this pattern I got out of one of the bead and button magazines.. Its a cubic right angle weave base with 5 different coloured raw ruffles along the top. OMG! it was a good 30 hours JUST to do the ruffles.. I never want to do a raw project again! I am very ashamed to say that those 30 hours were spent over 2 days..
I got up at about 8-ish, started beading and kept going until about 10 at night.. then started again the next day. And by the end of the second day, I had only done 4 of the 5 ruffles *sigh*

BUT it is finished now! ..sort of. I just need to put the clasp on.

Oh right, this is my sister's Christmas present =) and after all of that work I did, if she turns around and says she doesn't like it, ima punch her!!!!

I have also updated my 'made it' site - trying to sell my jewellery. Have a goosey!


Emma
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment